In recent years we have led several projects where the artistic exchanges between Andalusia and America were studied, of which results are shown in our website. After studying different areas in Latin America we will focus on the peripheral territories in relation to Spain: the United States and Brazil. These are spaces of high cultural significance where the Andalusian presence is more important than it might seem at first glance.
The areas of study and generic objectives of the project would be:
- The influence and presence of Andalusian artists in the Brazilian and North American art during the periods of Hispanic domination.
- The migrations of artists during the 19th and 20th centuries.
- The impact on the Brazilian and North American religiosity through the introduction of Andalusian devotions and their influence on artistic works.
- The role played by Andalusian patrons in these American territories.
- The Brazilian and North American art works included in today’s Andalusian heritage.
- The importance of Andalusian heritage in the current art collections.
- The Orientalist influence of Andalusí origin in the current territories of Brazil and the United States.